Develop your knowledge and practical experience.
Coaching is a powerful tool for personal and professional development. Whether you are looking to bring coaching into your business for the first time or your role includes a coaching component, or if you wish to pursue a career as a qualified external coach, Think EQ has a course to help you to become a coach.
Our professional coach training adheres to a clear code of ethics and provides professional credibility. We introduce the concepts of coaching and fold in practical coaching sessions, session planning, diagnostics, and advanced theory.
Training to become an accredited coach.
Becoming an accredited coach provides professional credibility, demonstrates a commitment to a global code of ethics and competencies, ensures that a high standard of service is maintained and provides reassurance to clients that they are being coached by a professional.
Become the expert in EQ-i emotional intelligence.
Our British-Psychology-Society-recognised certification programme is aimed at coaches, HR professionals and anyone responsible for people development. Our programme covers the fundamental principles of emotional intelligence, including assessment and reporting. Think EQ uses the world’s only scientifically validated method measuring emotional intelligence – the EQ-i 2.0 diagnostic tool.
Supervision and support throughout your coaching career.
It is imperative that coaching competencies are kept fresh and evolve over time. For that reason, Think EQ’s support does not end when you become a coach. Our accredited coach supervisors will support people through their coaching career, monitoring and mentoring to ensure they are continuously developing and improving. Our ongoing support also satisfies the Association for Coaching®’s requirement for a year-long log of regular supervision.
Think EQ coaching alumni can also attend quarterly supervision sessions to refresh and update techniques and tools.
Options for accredited coach training
There are currently several options in terms of accredited coach training and Think EQ can support your accreditation journey with proprietary training, tools and techniques.
Accredited Award in Coach Training
Accredited by the Association for Coaching, our professional coach programme will provide learners with a fully practical experience so that when your training is finished, you have the skills and experience needed to start coaching professionally.
- 70 hours of coach specific training hours, delivered virtually on 5 days over 5 months
- Blended learning of on-demand modules and facilitator-led classes
- Access to a fully supported online learning platform to complement your learning,
- Learn the concepts and origins of coaching and how it differs from mentoring, managing and other therapies
- Communicating as a coach – listening and questioning
- Contracting, visioning, goal setting and processes
- Ethics and competencies
- Demos and triad working (coach, coachee, and observer)
- The use of diagnostic tools and how they support the coachee’s development
- Coaching as a profession and how to create and develop workplace cultures through coaching
- Practical coaching experience with a real life client
- Guidance on the accreditation process and support with your application
- Group supervision workshops led by an accredited coach supervisor
- Continuing CPD and support following your coach training programme
1:1 or Group Workshop
EQ Leader as a Coach
Think EQ’s ‘leader as coach’ programme is designed to support business leaders to develop an understanding of their own emotional intelligence attributes, build their coaching skills and discover how to leverage these to become coaching leaders. The programme is comprised of:
- 1:1 coaching
- Emotional intelligence assessments
- Online learning
- Classroom sessions to rehearse practical skills
- Situational coaching models for real-world application
- Learning from other leaders
- A bespoke development plan
- A final assignment
The programme is delivered by an accredited coach trainer and EQ practitioner. This is 15 of coach specific training hours and 1:1 coaching.
Our Curious Conversation Course focuses on how to find coachable moments into the workplace, and how to flex your management style to make the most of these moments to empower your team to perform. Teaching you coaching skills and the power of the coaching mindset, will enable you to identify when and how to coach dependant on the individual.
This is 10 hours of coach specific training hours and coaching practice.
5 steps to becoming an professional coach.
Delivered in 70 hours over 5 months, our Accredited Coach Training programme is the best place to start if you are looking to coach internally in your workplace or to start your business as an external coach.
- Training needs assessment
- Set ambitions
- Bespoke professional development programme to take your forward in your coaching career
Professional Development Programme Delivery
Report or Certification
Support and further development opportunities
“What I valued the most was creating a safe space to experiment and learn, both from Kirsty and other trainee coaches. Getting to practice ‘for real’ through the foundation.”
Accredited coach training offers reassurance to buyers of coaching that the coach has met a high standard of knowledge, practical experience and application of coaching competencies, all benchmarked against best practice.
Association for Coaching
Making a visible impact
Professional Coach Training Case Study
How a life changing coaching experience led one L&D expert to pursue Professional Coach Training
University of Edinburgh Business School
Why training your staff to become coaches can bring about a lust for learning and a passion for growth.
How to introduce a sector-wide coaching culture using peer coaching.
Creating a team brand using strengths.
Book an initial call
From fledgling employees to experienced leaders, Think EQ offers ongoing, sustainable and measurable EQ coaching to create highly effective teams and better business results. Please get in touch discuss how we could help your business to achieve more